High-Risk Auto Insurance Information
Having auto insurance is essential if you do not want to risk hefty out-of-pocket costs in the unfortunate situation of an accident. However, getting an affordable policy can be difficult if you fall under the high-risk category.
If you live in California, we at A-MAX Insurance can help you find the right high-risk coverage. Contact us at 888-750-9775 today and we’ll help you find the right policy for you and your unique situation.
What Is a High-risk Auto Insurance Policy?
High-risk auto coverage is more expensive than standard coverage for a handful of different reasons. Because of the potential liabilities associated with these drivers, the premiums on high-risk auto policies are often much higher, and not all standard insurers offer a nonstandard insurance option to their plan participants. Contact to get a quote on a nonstandard auto insurance policy.
What Qualifies As a High-risk Driver?
Depending on driving history, type of vehicle and even credit history, certain drivers may be charged differently for an auto insurance policy than other drivers. It’s essential to know where you stand when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
Drivers may be considered high-risk if they:
• Are charged with DUIs/DWIs
• Carry a salvage title on their vehicle
• Have a very high-value or specialty vehicle
• Are new drivers
• Have received a license revocation
• Have a high number of accidents, tickets or other traffic violations on their records
• Carry an SR-22 certificate
• Have a poor credit history
If you have any of these qualifications, you may have to purchase a high-risk auto insurance policy. If you aren’t sure, contact A-MAX Insurance.
How Do I Lower My High-risk Costs?
There are many ways to lower your costs if you are a high-risk driver, but some may take longer than others.
Some ways to reduce your costs might include:
• Obey all traffic laws to reduce the risk of receiving a ticket.
• Exchange an expensive car for a safer, more insurable model.
• Go at least three years without a ticket.
• Drive defensively and perhaps even taking a defensive driving course.
Over time, and with these steps, you may see your auto insurance costs go down.
Contact Us Today
Contact us at 888-750-9775 or request an online quote to determine the right nonstandard auto insurance policy for you and your vehicle.